18.104.22.168.2: Non-Protected Works
1. Works that have not been fixed in tangible form;
2. Titles, names, short phrases and slogans; familiar designs or symbols; mere variations of typographic ornamentation, lettering or coloring; mere listings of ingredients or contents;
3. Ideas, procedures, methods, systems, processes, concepts, principles, discoveries, or devices as distinguished from a description, explanation or illustration;
4. Works consisting entirely of information that is in common property and contains no original authorship. For example: standard calendars, height and weight charts, lists or tables taken from public documents; and
5. Information produced or sponsored by the government with public funds.
In no case does copyright protection for an original work of authorship extend to any idea, procedure, process, system, method of operation, concept, principle, or discovery regardless of the form in which it is described, explained, illustrated or embodied in such a work.