5.8.4: References Following Separation of Employment

Former employees of the University seeking to have personnel records or employment references from University personnel forwarded to prospective employers or schools must first submit a written request for release of the information or documents to the Human Resources Director.

Supervisors shall not respond to verbal requests for references and shall refer such requests to the Human Resources Director.