The library will provide the donor with documentation for tax purposes providing a manifest and a completed gift form accompanies the material. The library will not assign monetary value to any item.
The library will accept and provide documentation for but reserves the right not to add to the collection the following:
1. Titles which the library already owns.
2. Titles in which a newer edition is available.
3. Materials that would not meet normal selection criteria.
4. Materials which do not relate to an area in which Spalding University offers courses.
The library will not accept and will not provide documentation for:
1. Materials which are in poor physical condition.
2. Trade paperbacks except fiction for the popular reading collection.
3. Bound or unbound periodicals unless the library is missing a specific issue.
4. Pamphlets, circular materials, advertisements or materials promoting ideologies in a non-academic treatment.
5. Materials not written in English with exceptions approved by the library director.
6. Short or incomplete runs of unbound journals. Exceptions may be made based upon the judgment of the professional library staff.
Any non-acceptable materials will be disposed of if abandoned by the donor.